Why is this tiny little seed so good for us?
- It’s full of omega 3 – although it’s not as bioavailable as fish oil it still provides all the benefits of omega 3
- It’s a complete protein meaning they contain all the essential aminos similar to that of animal protein. 1 tablespoon of chia will give you 2g of easily digested protein
- An amazing source of fibre that helps soften and bulk stools
- They can help reduce cholesterol, reduce blood pressure and assist in balancing blood sugar levels
- They are high in antioxidants
Tip: Chia “eggs” are a very good alternative if vegan or allergic/intolerant to egg in cooking/baking.
Add to yoghurt, smoothies, salads, granola, baking... the options are endless!
Organic Black Chia Seeds