Evening Primrose (EPO)
- Cold pressed from the seeds of Evening Primrose flowers – great for those that are allergic to seafood or who are vegan.
- EPO is naturally high in Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a clean and natural source of omega 6 fatty acid, EPO can help women with hormone health including fertility, PMS and menopause.
- EPO can help support hair and scalp health. Both men and women who suffer hair loss can use EPO to help nourish hair follicles and promote new growth.
- Skin health may be assisted with external application and oral supplementation. Conditions such as Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and dry skin will benefit.
- Arthritis sufferers can also benefit from EPO, due to its naturally occurring anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, relief can be found by regular inclusion in your diet.
- EPO can activate liver function.
- An added benefit of EPO is its assistance in weight reduction.
- Fish oils are naturally high in EPA and DHA which are omega 3 fatty acids. Our Western style diet is usually higher in Omega 6 fatty acids and less Omega 3, so it is important to include Omega 3’s into our daily diet or as a supplement in the form of fish oil.
- Fish oil is particularly good for brain and nerve health. DHA is essential in brain development and growth. It is also a major structural component of retina of the eye and sperm.
- EPA from fish oil has great anti-inflammatory properties as well as can assist in skin conditions such as eczema and acne.
Both GLA and EPA/DHA can benefit many of the same health issues including vascular system problems such as strokes, heart attacks, arterial hardening, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stress and migraines.
Both of these oils and their important fatty acids are lacking in our diet as generally we eat more red meat based meals and processed foods. There needs to be a balanced intake of both Omega 6 and Omega 3 sources. Including more vegetables, nuts and seeds and fish in our diet is crucial. But we can achieve therapeutic levels of these two crucial fatty acids in the meantime in supplement form.